SEMOpx Continuous: M7 version 6.8 - Postponed
11/02/2020 (Postponed), New Date (TBC)
Update 07/02/2020 @ 16:05
We regret to inform you that in order to secure a smooth go-live the M7 6.8 release deployment scheduled for 11 February is postponed until further notice due to connection issues encountered during testing on the M7 Advanced Simulation (ASIM) environment. Please see this information notice for further details, including clarity that the M7 downtime remains due to required ECC maintenance window.
Update 30/01/2020 @ 13:11
If members have any further queries on this release, please contact us.
Update 24/01/2020 @ 17:30
An information notice has been published with some points of clarification on the impact of the M7 v6.8 release on API applications. A supporting notice detailing the "M7 API List of known issues, fixes and guidelines has been sent directly to the nominated IT contact for SEMOpx members that use API for M7.
We have also made available the following documents for M7 v6.8:
We have not yet published a sample continuous export file, but we will make this available to you as soon as possible.
We are also aware that members have requested further clarity on whether the new self trade field will impact any other reports retrieved via API. We will provide a further update as soon as this clarification is available.
If you have any questions in relation to the release, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org team.
Update 22/01/2020 @ 11:10
The release of M7 version 6.8 was rescheduled, and is expected to go live 11th February 2020. The exact outage timing is still to be confirmed but is anticipated to be 18:40 GMT to 22:30 GMT.
- Mandatory upgrade to ComTrader 6.8
- Webstart version to be discontinued
- Self trade labelling
- Continuous Export file changes to CSV format
- Password Policy Change - postponed
1. Mandatory upgrade to Comtrader 6.8
a. New version already available (temporary link): http://comtrader-prod.epexspot.com/comtrader68/
b. ASIM is running M7 6.8 for testing : if any member require their ASIM password reset please contact email@example.com
2. Webstart version to be discontinued from M7 6.9
a. Use of Webstart for M7 6.8 dependant on version of Java used:
- If Oracle is used for JAVA with version 8 or prior, then you can use the Web Start.
- If Oracle is used for JAVA with a version newer than 8, then you cant use the Web Start.
- If Azul is used for JAVA then you cant use the Web Start.
- If any other JAVA provider is used we strongly recommend testing the Web Start before go-live.
3. Self trade labelling
a. New column in ComTrader Own orders will display if a trade is a self trade
b. Public message interface will inform all members of a trade being a self trade (anonomised)
4. Continuous Export file
a. CSV format of the file will be adjusted to include "" in between separated values (around each value)
b. New field will include if a trade is a self trade
5. Password policy change postponed
a. The 90 day password expiration will NOT be implimented at M7 6.8 go-live
SEMOpx will send a further update when the outage timing is confirmed.
Please share this release information with your colleagues, and get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Original Message: 07/11/19
M7 version 6.8 is expected to go live in December 2019. The current scheduled release date is 10th December 2019, pending successful testing.
- Webstart Comtrader will be discontinued
- New mandatory standalone Comtrader v6.8
- Self-trade labelling anonymous message issued to members when self-trade submitted
SEMOpx would like to take this opportunity to advise members that as Webstart Comtrader is expected to be discontinued, it is recommended that members install the standalone Comtrader. Members can go ahead and install the standalone Comtrader version 6.7 now, enabling members to already address IT requirements for same, and thus enable potentially a more straightforward implementation of Comtrader version 6.8
Although member testing is not mandatory for SEMOpx members for M7 version 6.8, members using the Advanced Simulation (ASIM) environment should note the following information:
- In order to prepare ASIM for the test phase an outage was taken on 05/11/2019 between 13:00 GMT - 14:00 GMT.
- M7 6.8 has been available in ASIM since 05/11/2019 and is officially open for testing as of next week.
- The official member test phase in the ASIM environment is planned to start on Tuesday, 12/11/2019.
- Subject to successful internal testing, Go Live in Production environment is planned for Tuesday 10/12/2019
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further information.